FLORENCE, S.C. -- Deputies assigned to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Division were recognized for excellence at the 2019 National Criminal Enforcement Association (NCEA) and Desert Snow Annual National Interdiction Conference in Kansas City, Kansas earlier this month.
Each year the association presents awards recognizing the best officers and the best law enforcement units from across the country.
The awards presented to sheriff's office during this conference were:
- Largest Crack (cocaine base) Seizure - Highway Level: Cpl. Tyler Urquhart (1.02 pounds of crack cocaine)
- DUI Officer of the Year: Cpl. Jason Plowden (107 DUI Arrests)
- DUI Enforcement Team of the Year: Florence County Sheriff's Office Traffic Safety Unit
- Award of Valor: Florence County Sheriff's Office SWAT Team (based on response to Oct. 3, 2018)
- Lifesaving Award: Capt. Scott Brown (based on response to Oct. 3, 2018)
“National recognition like this doesn’t just happen,” said Sheriff Billy Barnes. “This is the result of hard work, training and leadership. Congratulations to Capt. Scott Brown and his entire Special Operations Unit for the excellent job they do.”