FLORENCE, S.C. — The Medical University of South Carolina has purchased four South Carolina hospitals, including two Pee Dee facilities.
- Today's Birthdays, Nov. 21: Michael Strahan
- Today In History, Nov. 21: Rebecca Felton
- 'The 2018 version of fireside chats': People love watching Ocasio-Cortez make soup, talk Congress on Instagram
- Man's wallet is returned to his S.D. home with more money than it started with
- Romaine lettuce is not safe to eat, CDC warns U.S. consumers
For a holiday that is centered around food, Thanksgiving doesn't command the kind of weird novelty snacks we see for Halloween and Christmas. There is no real Thanksgiving candy, no Thanksgiving Starbucks Frappuccino (the pumpkin spice latte, which belongs to the entire season of autumn, does not count). You get the occasional pumpkin pie milkshake. Cranberry is woefully underutilized.